Curious about the latest changes in Librem 5 UI? Get greater control over your hardware and manage it by using a simple top drop down. Get the latest snapshot of what’s coming 📱 --> https://puri.sm/posts/pureos-10-byzantium-snapshot-june-2021/
#phone #librem #pureos
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #153 is here:
- celebrates the lock-in of the taproot soft fork
- describes a draft BIP for improving transaction privacy by varying the fields used to implement anti fee sniping
- features an article about the challenges of combining transaction replacement with payment batching
- announces Rust Bitcoin 0.26.2, Rust-Lightning 0.0.98, LND 0.13.0-beta.rc5
Signal is one of the last things I use my old Android phone for. I've been trying out the latest axolotl Signal client on my #Librem5 and while it isn't feature complete and it's an Electron app, it's functional enough for the basic chatting I do that I don't need to go back.
How do you make applications work on smartphones just as well as they do on laptops? We invested many hours of research, design and development to build an adaptive, ethical and secure GUI to expand over GNOME. Read more about our innovation, Libhandy 📱https://puri.sm/posts/making-a-platform-adaptive-for-everyone/
Librem 5 USA is shipping! "The smart phone retains the software security and privacy features of the Librem 5 while adding a transparent, secure supply chain with manufacturing in the USA.” https://puri.sm/posts/purism-launches-a-privacy-first-made-in-usa-smartphone-librem-5-usa-as-an-alternative-to-big-tech-offerings/
Bitcoin Core 0.21.1 was released!
It is available from https://bitcoincore.org/en/download/
Release mail: https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-core-dev/2021-May/000099.html
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #146 is here:
- describes a draft specification for LN splicing
- announces a workshop about transaction relay security
- announces the addition of ECDSA signature adaptor support to libsecp256k1-zkp
- links to proposals to change the BIPs process
- summarizes popular questions and answers from the Bitcoin StackExchange
Best Qubes Laptop is the Secure Librem 14
"Purism’s Librem 13v1 laptop was the first laptop to be certified as officially supported by Qubes in 2015. Since then we treat Qubes as a first class citizen..."
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #145 is here:
- describes progress on activating taproot
- summarizes an update to LN offers to partly address stuck payments
- relays a request for feedback on anchor outputs in LND
- announces the public launch of the Sapio smart contract development toolkit
- summarizes changes to popular clients and services
a more detailed write-up about the taproot activation (to go into the release notes) can be found here: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/0.21.1-Release-Notes-draft
Try out our new #ReproducibleBuilds support! All signature types are supported The "fdroid build" CI job on app merge requests will run a complete test and give rapid results before sending it to the production buildserver.
this release candidate contains the taproot soft fork "speedy trial" (ST) activation logic to give miners approximately 3 1/2 months to lock in taproot starting from April 24 per
and as described in
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!